Finally got a chance to flip through the MAG. The highlights for me:
I like the columns, but loved the writings of the American retro guy that used to be there... What happened to him?
- Retro Booty: allways nice! A good add to the mag.
- Coin-op capers I like a lot, though After Burner isn't my game.
- Cheap as chips: Winter Games - Coming home! The hours I spend playing that game... Nice!
- DOS-gaming: A 10/10! Love the 'in-depth' character of the article, with the bits about the sound card & video modes. I remember using a 'Hercules' program as well, for better graphics... But that was for monochrome monitors. This is the kinda stuff I love to read most of all. A good mix of recognizable games and hardware info... My god... 486!
- Why you must play: Never ever let this one go. You guys helped me learning to know games that became my absolute favourite! Act Raiser for example. Expecially the 'The Conversions' bit is a nice bit too!
- Sid crowd: I'm a C64 fan. So I'm a Sid fan. Nice to read an in depth feature with the people who 'made' Sid what it is today. A top read.
- CRASH: And the retro-goodness doesn't seem to stop this issue! Now for a ZZAP 64! feature?? IDEA: wouldn't it be nice to publish one or two authentic pages of an old games-magazine in every issue of RG?
- Playstation: Not much of a 90's man myself (concerning games), but a nice read. Everyone had a PSX, so very recognizable.
- Retorated: This section I allways read first when I reveive my RG! To get in the right mood
A nice link between past & present, and good for making plans where to spend my 'pocketmoney' on. (read: how to persuade the wife to...)
- Homebrew: Hmmm... That 'The Wild Bunch' is a must try! C64 forever!! (sorry, got quite emotional there)
It's been a long time since my RG had so much in it for me. One of the best issues ever. Cheers!