I upgraded my Sky package to include the sports channels(just for F1). Damn you BBC! Here is the irony, the viewing figures were up for F1 and also the Beeb is wasting an enormous amount of money over the Salford move! I get the feeling that F1 might be on Sky for a few years then move back to terrestrial TV. But anyway.
It is great to see Kimi back. I loved his interview with Martin Brundle about Schumi's leaving do! "I was busy taking a ****!".
He is a great driver and did deserve his championship in 2007. He is the 'Spa Master'. Great seeing his interview on Top Gear as well. Plus, I like the fact that he said a lot of the new tracks were dull to drive(they are dull to watch as well!). I hope he does well. I think his Lotus will be a midfield car. I think his highest place will be a 4th.
I think I will watch most of the races on Sky. I will watch 'the full races' on the BBC. Just to see what it is like. The US Austin track does look quite interesting, it actually has elevation change! Shame the Beeb aren't showing that one live. Mr. Tilke might have done a good job there. I bet the attendance won't be high though.
My other predictions(just a bit of fun - I might be wrong):-
1. Red Bull will win the constructor's championship. Although, I think it will be a tighter season this time.
2. Vettel will get his third WDC. He just seems to be on another level compared to the drivers. I don't think he will win as much as last year, or get as many poles, but he is still going to be very strong.
3. Webber will win twice this year. He will leave Red Bull at the end of the year.
4. Vettel will win the Monaco Grand Prix.
5. I think McLaren will take the 2nd spot in the WDC. Ferrari 3rd with Mercedes in 4th, then Lotus 5th.
6. Jenson will be runner-up again. One of his race wins will be in a wet/dry race.
7. There will be 2 wet weather races this season.
8. Lewis will have 3 DNFs due to crashing into someone. I like Lewis, but he seems a little too rash at times. As good as he is, I don't think he has ever driven as well as he did, than in his maiden season in 2007. I think he will be 3rd in the WDC.
9. Alonso will make the Ferrari competitive by mid- season(seems to be the way with them). I think he will get 2 race wins this season. He won't be in the hunt for the championship, sadly.
10. Massa will leave F1 by the end of the season.
11. Rosberg will get a podium for Mercedes. I think it will be in a wet weather race.
12. Schumi will get beaten again by Rosberg and finally hang up his racing overalls for good.
13. Schumi will have a 'you can't pass me' moment this season. I think it will be with his former nemesis Alonso.
14. Martin Brundle will say : "An F1 car is like an upside down aeroplane wing." 4 times this season.
15. David Coutlhard will say : "That is Vettel as in kettle." 5 times this season.
16. Bernie will go on about how much better Sky's coverage is - yes Bernie - "Show me the money!"
17. Bahrain GP will go ahead. Again, Bernie needs the money.
18. Vettel will continue with his 'finger' celebration.
19. Alonso will do that clapping hand thingy celebration when he wins.
20. Adrian Sutil will complain about Hamilton in an interview.
21. Vettel will win the WDC with 3 races to go.
22. Lewis will stay with McLaren at the end of the season. Realistically he has nowhere else to go. Alonso and him can't work together. Red Bull is Vettel's team. Plus, he need a strong drive and McLaren can provide that.
23. There will be no new winners for this season.