ooh good score. I knew i wouldn't be out in front very long.weakboson wrote:I'd still prefer to keep it at a longer time. 15 days would be long enough for Arrow Flash but with SP a month was about right. I know not everyone was thrilled by the game but we all got to have a good go and there was some good competition. Perhaps it could do with being a bit shorter but I wouldn't want some people not to be able to have a good crack at the game or feel like they still have unfinished business with it.
My vote is three weeks per game, then I guess five days inbetween.
EDIT: forgot my submission:
weakboson - 580,860 - Stage 5 - Stock - USA/EU ROM
It's a MD/GEN exclusive. I recommend K-Fusion.Fightersmegamix wrote:Maybe we could incorporate new releases and get rid of the voting on some months. Sine Mora and Akai Shin are both coming out in the next couple of months, its most likely we will all be playing them anyway so why not include them now? It might attract new players, I know you need a 360 but I'm guessing most people have one. The only other suggestion I have is that we rotate between vertical and horizontal shmups for each new game.
Arrow flash then, it's a bit expensive on MD so I'll try and download the MAME version.
Fightersmegamix wrote:Sine Mora and Akai Shin are both coming out in the next couple of months, its most likely we will all be playing them.
Fightersmegamix wrote:I know you need a 360 but I'm guessing most people have one
Spector wrote:I wait in unbearable anticipation for the intercontinental forty-megaton ballistic post DreamcastRIP is currently preparing...
Mootown wrote:Missed my chance to play Parodius been too busy with work, rubbish.
Sel Feena wrote:Mootown wrote:Missed my chance to play Parodius been too busy with work, rubbish.
Yeah this sort of thing is exactly my worry if we reduce time too much. As for going with a set system, not a fan of that idea. I don't want to spend money just to take part in the league, sticking to titles that were released on lots of platforms, at least one of which is easily emulatable, seems best to allow everyone to get involved.
Fightersmegamix wrote:How did we manage to get a game not available on MAME Ok, my final bunch of suggestions I think the idea of voting at the end of each month won't work, I want time in advance to know what game we are playing so I can pick up a copy if I don't own it. At the moment we can play any game on any format (except 360 of course), there's just too many options and it will get too complex. I don't want to spend more time voting and arsing about with downloads than playing. I like the idea of playing games I might not otherwise try, but there has to be limits.
I think we should just pick a system and batter it PS2 is the most popular console, there are quite a lot of PAL shmups that are pretty cheap to pick up, we just play one PS2 shmup each month. We know in advance what we are playing and just go through the catalogue. Next year it's another console. This has the added advantage of not having to dig consoles out of cupboards and you can build up a collection should you wish to buy instead of emulate.
What's happpened here? A 1CC?.. Where's your video proof? What cheats did you use? Action replay was it? Game Genie?Vyothric wrote:Boom.
Vyothric - 758,640 - Stage 5 (Completed) - Stock - JUE Rom
Now that that's done I'll be able to relax a bit and will try and get a video done.
AmidstStorm wrote:- The current game time will be a period of 20 days, rather than starting on a set date, like the first day of each month which was originally planned.
- The top five high scorers of the current game will each nominate a new game to play for the next 20 days.
- The players who have submitted scores for the last game in play are the only one who get to cast votes.
- Including the players who get to nominate a game, they get two votes each to cast on any two of the five games nominated..
- There will be a short period, of 5 days between each game played, to give players the chance to decide their nominations and cast their votes for the new game.
- The next game will start immediately if all nominations/votes have been taken before the 5 day time limit.
- If the 5 days is up and not all current score submitters have voted. The game with the most votes at that point will be played.
- A suggestion for only scores to be made during the 20 day period to be posted for submission into the league. Though this cannot and won't be strictly policed. It would be nice to think somebody wouldn't just come in, post a pic of a score they did 5 yrs ago with a 1 credit clear, when now they can't even play the game to any sort of similar standard.
- You can submit as many high scores as you like throughout the 20 day period of the current game.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests